In this procedure, we assume that installation directory of 2.0.x server is /quickbuild-old, and new version of QuickBuild is extracted to directory /quickbuild-new.
- Login to 2.0.x as administrator, switch to menu Administration/Database Backup, and backup the database to file backup.zip. After the backup, you should be able to find the file /quickbuild-old/backup.zip.
- Stop QuickBuild 2.0.x server process. On Windows platform, please also run /quickbuild-old/bin/service-uninstall.bat to unregister the QuickBuild NT service if it is installed previously. On Windows Vista and Windows 7 system with UAC enabled, you will need to run this command as administrator.
- Copy all files under /quickbuild-old/conf to /quickbuild-new/conf except for wrapper.conf and wrapper_license.conf.
- Copy all files under /quickbuild-old/lib to /quickbuild-new/plugins/com.pmease.quickbuild.libs.
- Copy all files under the /quickbuild-old/resource to /quickbuild-new/resource except for default_html_notification.vm, default_plain_notification.vm, and velocity.properties.
- If you've adjusted memory setting (property wrapper.java.maxmemory), and java command (property wrapper.java.command) in /quickbuild-old/conf/wrapper.conf, make the same adjustment in /quickbuild-new/conf/wrapper.conf.
- If you are connecting to external database in old QuickBuild (please check file /quickbuild-old/conf/hibernate.properties for sure), manually delete the database using your database tool, and create a new one with the same name.
- Open a command line window, switch to directory /quickbuild-new/bin, and run command restore.(bat|sh) /quickbuild-old/backup.zip_ to migrate and restore data of old QuickBuild.
- Run command /quickbuild-new/bin/server.bat install to install QuickBuild NT service if necessary. On Windows Vista and Windows 7 system with UAC enabled, you will need to open the command prompt window as Administrator before running command /quickbuild-new/bin/server.bat install.
- Startup new QuickBuild server by running /quickbuild-new/bin/server.bat console and check if data has been restored successfully.
- If you've configured build agents, re-install build agents following below steps:
- Backup the file conf/attributes.properties under build agent's installation directory.
- Delete build agent's installation directory.
- Install build agents following this guide.
- Overwrite file conf/attributes.properties under build agent's installation directory with the file backed up previously.
- If user agents are used in your team, tell your developer to re-install user agents following below steps:
- Backup the file conf/attributes.properties under user agent's installation directory.
- Delete user agent's installation directory.
- Install user agents following this guide.
- Overwrite file conf/attributes.properties under user agent's installation directory with the file backed up previously.
- Verify the server and agent installation by running some builds.