You are viewing an old version (v. 1) of this page.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/10, Windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 and IA architecture
- Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86, PowerPC and S/390 architecture
- Mac OS X, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Solaris, 32 bit and 64 bit, Sparc and x86 architecture
- AIX, 32 bit and 64 bit, PowerPC architecture
- HP-UX, 32 bit and 64 bit, IA and PARISC architecture
- FreeBSD, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 architecture
- 512M minimum, 1G recommended
- Download QuickBuild distribution from http://www.pmease.com/downloads.
- Extract the downloaded file into the selected installation directory. Make sure the user running the server has full access rights to the installation directory.
- Make sure you have JDK7 or JDK8 installed. Download the appropriate JDK version from http://java.sun.com if necessary.
- Make sure the java command exists in the system path; if not, you will need to modify the file <QuickBuild install dir>/conf/wrapper.conf, and point the entry wrapper.java.command to path of the java command.
- If you run QuickBuild with Sun JDK or OpenJDK, make sure to edit file <QuickBuild install dir>/conf/wrapper.conf and add below entry to avoid using up permgen space:
You may add this line after the line #wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dreset.
- Optionally run command <server install dir>/bin/config.(bat|sh) to configure port number and SSL setting of the server.
- Open a command window, switch to folder <server install dir>/bin, and run command server.(bat|sh) console to start the server.
Follow this guide on how to install the server as system service so that it auto-starts when machine reboots.
- Monitor the console window for any error or warning messages. You may ignore warning message plugin xxxxx is not enabled as it needs to be configured, if you don't use these plugins; otherwise, please refer to plugin management on how to configure a plugin after server starts up.
- After the server starts up, follow the instruction in the console to open a browser window and connect to the server. Following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Safari 3.0 or higher
- Chrome 4.0 or higher
- By default, QuickBuild uses embedded database for demonstration purpose. For production usage, please switch to other serious database following guide in data management section.