This beta version is able to migrate data from QuickBuild 1.x, and the data can also be migrated to any future versions.
- Documentation (Some part of the document is a bit outdated and will be updated in the formal 2.0 release)
- Download Link (please select the configuration PMEase.QuickBuild2)
Major improvements over QuickBuild 1.x
- Native support for a number of build reports. Refer to below documents for details of build reports:
- Build statistics. Refer to below documents for details of build statistics:
- Build grid support. Refer to below documents for details of build grid:
- Introduce the concept of proof build to build/test user's uncommited changes at server, and optionally checkin that those changes automatically if build/test succeeds.
- Visually arrange steps to design build process. Refer to below documents for details:
- Build promotion visualization. Source build and destination build will be linked to show the promotion relation.
- Fine grained access control when assign permissions for groups.
- Be able to customize build option screen and promote option screen when manually triggers a build or promote a build. This is supported through prompt settings of variables.
- Builds can run concurrently even for a single configuration to better utilize build grid resource. To configure concurrent running builds for a single configuration, the master step needs to be configured to run on agent instead of server.
- Be able to recommend build. Recommended build will have a star icon attached. Promote operation can be configured to only applicable for recommended builds.
- Build changes will be collected during a build promotion process. For example, if a release build is generated as result of promoting from a QA build, the change set between current release and last release will be collected automatically.
- Be able to view/diff changed source files in the change set panel.
- Be able to compare two builds (not necessary ajacent) and generate changes between them.
Features exist in QuickBuild 1.x but not yet implemented in this beta
- Various IDE plugins inlcuding Eclipse, IntelliJ and Visual Studio.
- The windows tray monitor.
- Integration with JIRA.
- Remoting API.
These features will be implemented in QuickBuild 2.1