Supported operating systems
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 and IA architecture
- Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 architecture and PowerPC architecture
- Mac OS X, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Solaris, 32 bit and 64 bit, Sparc and x86 architecture
- AIX, 32 bit and 64 bit, PowerPC architecture
- HP-UX, 32 bit and 64 bit, IA and PARISC architecture
- FreeBSD, 32 bit and 64 bit, x86 architecture
- 512M minimum, 1G recommended
- Download QuickBuild distribution for your platform from http://www.pmease.com/downloads.
- Extract the downloaded file into the selected installation directory.
- Make sure you have JDK5 or JDK6 installed. For Sun JDK5, QuickBuild requires at least update 11. Download the appropriate JDK version from http://java.sun.com if necessary.
- Make sure the java command exists in the system path; if not, you will need to modify the file <QuickBuild install dir>/conf/wrapper.conf, and point the entry wrapper.java.command to path of the java command.
- If you run QuickBuild with Sun JDK or OpenJDK, make sure to edit file <QuickBuild install dir>/conf/wrapper.conf and add below entry to avoid using up permgen space:
You may add this line after the line #wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dreset.
- Open a command window, switch to bin folder under the installation directory, and run command bin/server.(bat|sh) console to start the server. Please note:
- Make sure the user running the command has full access rights to QuickBuild server's installation directory.
- Monitor the console window for any error or warning messages. Don't get upset about the warning message plugin xxxxx is not enabled as it needs to be configured, it simply means that the plugin needs to be configured before it can be used. Refer to plugin management for how to configure a plugin.
- This command runs QuickBuild server in console mode. Follow this guide to install the server as system service so that it can be auto-started when the machine reboots.
- By default, QuickBuild server runs on port 8810. If this port is used by other process, you can change the port number to an unused port by editing the file conf/node.properties.
- After the server starts up, follow the instruction in the console to open a browser window and connect to the server. Following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Firefox 2.0 or higher
- Safari 3.0 or higher
- Chrome 4.0 or higher
- By default, QuickBuild uses embedded database for demonstration purpose. For production usage, please switch to other serious database following guide in data management section.